moldy clay and other health hazards

---------

From: Laura McCoy (Laura.McCoy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 12:31:05 PST

Hi there,

This discussion of the moldy clay has got me thinking. I have just found
out that I'm pregnant and I'm wondering if there are any health hazards in
the art room that I may not have thought of. I do have a kiln right in my
room. It is vented, but would the fumes still be a problem? And what about
glazes? I'm sure my glazes are all lead-free, but is there anything else I
should be looking for? I don't use solvents for anything, but if anyone
has any insight into things I might not have considered, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Laura