Re: Portfolios Text books

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory, Ph.D. (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 09:54:45 PST

As one of the authors and the technology consultant for Portfolios, you can
tell the grade level my looking on the back of each of the student
textbooks. Notice the paper people cutouts on the back. If it is grade
one, one people cutout is colored and the others are not colored. If it is
grade two, two people cutouts are colored and the others are not. It works
like this for the entire elementary series. The middle school series is
for sixth, seventh and eighth grades or for whatever grade you find
appropriate. Many people are using the middle school textbooks for high
school classes when students have had very little formal art education
instruction prior to high school.

Hope this helpls

At 10:30 AM 11/16/00, Kimberly Herbert wrote:
>Hi,
> The someone gave our educator some sample text books/teacher guides
>from different publishers. We are using them for brainstorming around themes
>in exhibits, and creating our grade level specific inserts for teacher
>guides. The Portfolio series doesn't say what grade level the books are for.
>I've divided them into upper and lower elementary, but for some reason our
>boss wants to know the grade level of each book. If you use these books
>could you tell me how to find the grade level?

Diane C. Gregory, Ph.D.
dianegregory@earthlink.net
www.arteducationonline.com
lose weight now, ask me how!