Re: moldy clay

---------

From: Jayna Ledbetter (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 09:49:19 PST

to L.P. Skeen:
Not only did the clay have mold on it but it was in
dry dusty buckets with bugs in it- there was a sticker
on one of the containers that said "Nixon Now" if that
gives you an indication of how old the stuff was. I
have fresh clay also, so I didn't see any reason why I
should keep that stuff in my room when I didn't know
what kind of clay it was, what kind of mold it was,
how sick it could make me, etc. I admit, it was also a
good excuse to really go through that kiln room and
get it organized- it was like a big closet of dust and
silverfish with bits and pieces of junk everywhere. A
cone here, a cone there, a bug here and there- and
dust everywhere! I had to wear a respirator/dust mask
thing while I was in there. I wish I wasn't so
sensitive to art materials! I had a constant cold when
I took ceramics in college.
Jayna