Re: doing heavy-duty drawing skills

---------

From: Neil Erickson (Jorgen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 04:04:53 PST

Dear Bunki,
Just received a mysterious phone call. The caller said, "Do you know who
this is?" "It's your favorite student." Turned out to be a boy (now a man)
I had as a 10th and 11th grader back in 1983. He was home on Thanksgiv.
break with his family and took the time to call me. This was a kid who
was not talented and wanted to always take the easy way out. I pushed him
for all he was worth. He now owns an auto detail shop and doesn't do any
art but told me he remembered all I had taught him. We reminesced and
talked for quite a while.

It was very encouraging to me to know that the time and energy I spent back
so long ago (which believe me was not appreciated by this kid at that time)
but was now of value to him. What I was able to impart to him is probably
the only art he will ever be exposed to but he now has 2 kids of his own
perhaps he will encourage them and support them in their own creative
endeavors and thus hopefully multiply whatever appreciation I was able to
inspire.

Sometimes it takes seeing it from the long-term perspective. ...
Don't get discouraged!

Cindy E.