moldy clay

---------

From: Jayna Ledbetter (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 14:28:29 PST

I decided to go to school on Wednesday because I knew
I would be crazy Monday if I didn't. I wanted to go
through my clay stock and see what I had and decide
what to use with 8th grade next week. (Keep in mind
this is my first year and I still don't know what my
closets hold). I knew I had a lot of buckets of dry
clay and this whole time I thought it was white clay
mixed with red. Then I remembered the posts about
moldy clay and I looked at it closer. I bet I had 300
lbs of moldy clay in my kiln room. The custodians and
I immediately got rid of it, taking it to the
dumpsters. I've been sneezy and itchy with a scratchy
throat and runny nose since I started doing clay a
week ago- now I think I know why. To think I had kids
working in there wedging clay. Needless to say, I
have chocolate chip cookies to make for custodians who
unknowingly had some extra work to do on Wednesday!
Thanks to whomever brought to our attention the
reality of moldy clay.
Jayna