Re: doing heavy-duty drawing skills

---------

From: Litesal (litesal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 11:23:15 PST

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C05622.1592E880

doing heavy-duty drawing skills
Just tell yourself what you tell your kids. You CAN do it, and you =
wouldn't be satisfied unless you continue to teach challenging lessons. =
It's definitely worth it. Those students who end up feeling good about =
their achievements, but think you are the b word, will probably go on to =
say what a good teacher you are. Kids sometimes test us to see if we'll =
give up on them, and when we don't, they feel respected and therefore =
return that respect (if not now, later). Keep up the good work, and try =
to keep that stress under control!

Leah

I can't seem to let these few go who whine that they can't do it when =
they can. These are the very people I want to reach. Invariably they do =
achieve but I wind up being the "bitch". They like their final product =
but they hate me Does anyone else experience this? It I lighten up (dumb =
down) the unit, then they'll not get the skills they can achieve. =
Someone please tell me it's worth it. Gurrrrrrr....and toodles.....=20

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C05622.1592E880

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>doing heavy-duty drawing skills</TITLE>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Just tell yourself what you tell your kids.&nbsp; =
You CAN do=20
it, and you wouldn't be satisfied unless you continue to teach =
challenging=20
lessons. It's definitely worth it.&nbsp; Those&nbsp; students who end =
up=20
feeling good about their achievements, but think you are the b word, =
will=20
probably go on to say what a good teacher you are.&nbsp; Kids =
sometimes test=20
us to see if we'll give up on them, and when we don't, they feel =
respected and=20
therefore return that respect (if not now, later).&nbsp; Keep up the =
good=20
work, and try to keep that stress under control!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Leah</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I can't seem to let these few go who whine that they can't do it =
when=20
they can. These are the very people I want to reach. Invariably they =
do=20
achieve but I wind up being the "bitch". They like their final product =
but=20
they hate me Does anyone else experience this? It I lighten up (dumb =
down) the=20
unit, then they'll not get the skills they can achieve. Someone please =
tell me=20
it's worth it. Gurrrrrrr....and toodles..... =
</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C05622.1592E880--