In a message dated 11/22/00 3:28:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
<< > Help please!
> My seventh graders made castles out of clay and I had
> them paint them with acrylic paints. The paint does
> not look very good so I was hoping that they could
> cover the paint with glaze. Has anyone ever fired
> glaze on top of acrylic paint. I am afraid I might
> create a lethal gas and blow up the kiln.
> Wendy >>
DO NOT FIRE ACRYLIC PAINT IN KILN! I read someone's post on this list where
she stated she became overcome by the fumes and had to spend several days in
hospital. She was out of school for several weeks recovering. I don't
remember who posted this warning, but perhaps someone else does. Anyone?