Re: about the good kids..handling paint

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 19:18:03 PST

In a message dated 11/22/00 8:44:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, Nnaell@aol.com
writes:

> If they can't handle paint.....and they
> are repeatedly resistant to learning the processes for handling
> paint...then

Here's my little system to improve the little ones learning process and
ability to handle paint. I find it effective for my K-2 students. I break
the painting process down and have the class work together as I lead them,
step by step:

Maybe a little corny, but we all say together...Dip, dip, dip (my paintbrush
in water). Dab, dab, dab (my brush on my sponge). Now dress, dress, dress(my
paintbrush in color) and design, design, design (my art).
They are so busy repeating this over and over that I even have the attention
deficit ones focused in! Best of all, no ruined paints!
Susan on Long Island