Re: Acrylic paint in the kiln

---------

From: D. Mammone (dndmammone_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 17:27:24 PST

I fire pieces in my kiln for fire. Last year I fired a box full of
sculptures for an art teacher. He swore to me the surface decoration was
a slip or engobe.

I was sick as a dog. I had to evacuate my studio during the firing, it
damaged my lungs, ruined my kiln shelves. I was sick with resperatory
problems for three months, had to go on oxygen. Yep. you guessed
it...acrylic paint. When it burns it converts to deadly PCP or PBB's.
Don't do it!
Diannabanana
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.