Re: Acrylic paint in the kiln

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 15:22:13 PST

Perhaps the kiln and your students would survive, but I suspect
that the glaze would be a mess with all that acrylic burning off
underneath it. Acrylic paint is what could be called one of many
"air temperature glazes" for ceramics. If you want it to look
better perhaps you might cover it with a high gloss clear polymer.
The kids love shinny stuff. Good Luck, Woody in KC