RE: egg whites in art???

---------

From: Marcy Bogdanich (moosie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 13:12:31 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Rdunkelart@aol.com [mailto:Rdunkelart@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 9:24 AM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: egg whites in art???

Help - I have been given three small grants from my local Farm Bureau -
thats
the good news - one is for egg tempera - most of the grant money will go for
the eggs but some will be for good watercolor paper etc. The bad news is I
have to find a use
for the egg whites. I promised I would bake meringue cookies or angel food
cakes.
Any other ideas for their use. Would love to do another art project with
them but
what? Thought of egg white frosting sculpture but that might be stretching
it.
Can they be used as a glaze - varnish etc. Thanks Roberta

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: moosie@nauticom.net
egg whites were one of the liquids used by cave men to bind ground pigments
(clay, stones etc.)for paint. we did it with home-made brushes (twigs,
moss, grasses bound with string in place of animal tendons) and painted
animals...they loved it and the paint was nice and glossy. it was an easy
and effective way to present paint mixing and foster creative thought for
brush making.