Re: Judy Nagel, SAX question

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 07:08:57 PST

OK, Judy, please work your magic with the manufacturers of Elmer's Glue-All
and the small jars of rubber cement(Ross, etc). We need replacement lids
only !!!! Several years ago my local Ace hardware manager ordered a box of
300 glue lids for me, but was unable to do it this year. Manufacturer was
uncooperative. Have never seen the brush lids only offered for rubber
cement. Those things really take a lot of abuse and the brush stems fall
off. Poor welding, I guess. Please tell these dense people that their
products are subjected to intense percussive pressure by hundreds of kids
every day and we poor art teachers don't have the budgets to constantly
replace a whole item each year. On another note, this year I decided to try
the non-toxic rubber cement, after reading about it on this list. Wow, that
stuff really has a nauseating stink. My students do not like it. Any
suggestions for a better brand ( I think I got the Ross Rubber Cement
Glue)?
Thank you for all the work you do on behalf of teachers, Judy.
Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus