Bids..Sax

---------

From: Judy Nagel (jdnag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 08:51:09 PST

------=_NextPart_000_00CF_01C05472.1F8CCCE0

Hi All, Regarding bids...From a business point of view, it is best for =
you to give as much information to us as possible. We even prefer a =
competitor's product number as opposed to having to guess what product =
quality you desire. As a good illustration of this, in the past, I have =
been in receipt of a request for "blue paint"! That is the only =
information we received. This lack will not produce the product =
desired; it will also delay the process because we will try to get =
clarification. This is an extreme but is a good example of the =
ambiguity we encounter. I would also suggest that you give us a general =
idea of the quantity you will be ordering. Some people send us a list =
with one quantity and request pricing. This is not fair to us or to you =
because you get better pricing with a quantity order because we get =
better pricing from some vendors with a quantity order. FYI We try to =
check to see if you accept the product you specified on your bid request =
or if you accepted some lesser quality because it was cheaper. If you =
did, chances are the following year the lowest quality will be bid. =
This decision may be out of your hands but it is also a disservice to =
the people who are trying their best to give you what you want. I hope =
this will be a help to those of you who need to bid. If anyone wants to =
dialogue more on this subject, please contact me privately. Thanks, =
Judy
jnagel@saxarts.com

------=_NextPart_000_00CF_01C05472.1F8CCCE0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi All,&nbsp; Regarding bids...From a business point =
of view,=20
it is best for you to give as much information to us as possible.&nbsp; =
We even=20
prefer a competitor's product number as opposed to having to guess what =
product=20
quality you desire.&nbsp; As a good illustration of this, in the past, I =
have=20
been in receipt of a request for "blue paint"!&nbsp; That is the only=20
information we received.&nbsp; This lack will not produce the product =
desired;=20
it will also delay the process because we will try to get =
clarification.&nbsp;=20
This is an extreme but is a good example of the ambiguity we =
encounter.&nbsp; I=20
would also suggest that you give us a general idea of the quantity you =
will be=20
ordering.&nbsp; Some people send us a list with one quantity and request =

pricing.&nbsp; This is not fair to us or to you because you get better =
pricing=20
with a quantity order because we get better pricing from some vendors =
with a=20
quantity order.&nbsp; FYI We try to check to see if you accept the =
product you=20
specified on your bid request or if you accepted some lesser quality =
because it=20
was cheaper.&nbsp; If you did, chances are the following year the lowest =
quality=20
will be bid.&nbsp; This decision may be out of your hands but it is also =
a=20
disservice to the people who are trying their best to give you what you=20
want.&nbsp; I hope this will be a help to those of you who need to =
bid.&nbsp; If=20
anyone wants to dialogue more on this subject, please contact me=20
privately.&nbsp; Thanks, Judy</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:jnagel@saxarts.com">jnagel@saxarts.com</A></FONT></DIV></B=