Re: 3-1/2 weeks

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 17:16:18 PST

I know what you mean about jerk classes and wanting to deprive them of the
one thing they really want, but from experience I know that clay is a very
calming medium and I often find that my worst class of obnoxious boys will
become little angels with clay. You need to make a deal with your
principal that anyone who throws clay is put out of the room--hopefully in
detention for the entire period of time that you're doing clay. He/she
can just write reports every day. (in my class we spend 4 weeks on clay so
this is a huge threat). Tell the kids this on the opening
day--only occasionally in 14 years (4 times) have I had to send a kid out
this way. The bonus is that I love clay and it is also very theraputic
for me--I always tell the kids when they're mad or stresses in any way
just grab 10 pounds of clay and wedge it for 15 or 20 minutes and you will
be a happy camper. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko Junior High School #
# 777 Country Club Drive #