Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: art and India

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 16:53:31 PST

I have made black laquerware boxes from India.These are made with a
cardboard templete. Once the box is cut and glued into the box shape, Paint
them with black tempera. Then draw designs, many flower designs on top of
the black. A coat of modge podge seals the paint and gives them a lacquer
finish. I got a book of designs from India from Amazon.con. It was a Dover
book. Check out the book,"Culture Smart"' by Susan Rodreguiz.(sp).MJ

>Hello, I am a middle school art teacher. I am working with some seventh
>graders who will be studying India in their social studies class. Does
>anyone have any interesting lesson ideas for the arts of India, Hindu
>Deities, fabrics, or anything else that might fit the study of India?
>You are currently subscribed to artsednet as:

Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download :