Re: Games in the Art Room

---------

From: Neil Erickson (Jorgen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 05:29:28 PST

--MS_Mac_OE_3057640169_274516_MIME_Part

I used to play Color Baseball with 3rd graders.
Number off to make 2 teams. Move all the tables back and set up home plate
and 3 bases.
I made 2 sheets of questions. The first sheet was sent home as a study
sheet and contained basic questions such as: Name the 3 primary colors.
Red + Blue= ? These were the individual questions that each one got as
they came up to bat. I put a bowl of m&m's and stickers at each base. If
you make it to base you choose 1 candy or 1 sticker. When your team gets a
runner in your team gets a point.

After we made it through all the individ. questions I then start on team
questions where the whole team whispers and comes up with an answer. These
questions are ones 3rd graders may or may not know (and weren't on the study
sheet) Such as: red+black=? or How do you make a tint of a color?

My kids loved this game and studied hard so they wouldn't let their team
down. I only did it with 3rd grade so the 1st and 2nd graders looked
forward to it.

Cindy Erickson, now teaching 5th and 6th grade and planning on using the
great edible color wheel idea that you guys shared......

PS If anyone has time I would like more details on jeopardy or some of the
other games. Does anyone have a list of questions they could scan in so I
don't have to reinvent the wheel?

--MS_Mac_OE_3057640169_274516_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Games in the Art Room</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
I used to play Color Baseball with 3rd graders. &nbsp;<BR>
Number off to make 2 teams. &nbsp;Move all the tables back and set up home =
plate and 3 bases. &nbsp;<BR>
I made 2 sheets of questions. &nbsp;The first sheet was sent home as a stud=
y sheet and contained basic questions such as: &nbsp;Name the 3 primary colo=
rs. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Red + Blue=3D ? &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Thes=
e were the individual questions that each one got as they came up to bat. &n=
bsp;&nbsp;I put a bowl of m&amp;m's and stickers at each base. &nbsp;If you =
make it to base you choose 1 candy or 1 sticker. &nbsp;When your team gets a=
runner in your team gets a point.<BR>
<BR>
After we made it through all the individ. questions I then start on team qu=
estions where the whole team whispers and comes up with an answer. &nbsp;The=
se questions are ones 3rd graders may or may not know (and weren't on the st=
udy sheet) Such as: &nbsp;red+black=3D? &nbsp;&nbsp;or How do you make a tint =
of a color? &nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
My kids loved this game and studied hard so they wouldn't let their team do=
wn. &nbsp;I only did it with 3rd grade so the 1st and 2nd graders looked for=
ward to it. &nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
Cindy Erickson, now teaching 5th and 6th grade and planning on using the gr=
eat edible color wheel idea that you guys shared...... &nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
PS If anyone has time I would like more details on jeopardy or some of the =
other games. &nbsp;Does anyone have a list of questions they could scan in s=
o I don't have to reinvent the wheel? &nbsp;<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3057640169_274516_MIME_Part--