Re: Most Expensive Paintings

---------

jaugusta_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 06:14:52 PST

vicki vance wrote:

> I heard Picasso's Girl with Folded Arms sold last week at #5 for $55
> million. Terrific incentive!!!!!!

Surely, you're kidding--if you're trying to entice students into
becoming artists to acquire wealth you should probably quit your day job
and lead by example. Otherwise, I suggest you teach your students that
painting, sculpture etc. are art forms that can be practiced outside the
realm of profit-making and still remain central to their lives.

Best wishes,
Joseph