Re: 3-1/2 weeks

---------

From: Jackie Aust (jab1997_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 04:29:46 PST

BF,

I have a seventh period class like that also. I was even having trouble
with just using tempera paint. I stopped that and went to crayons for
anything. I am facing the same situation with using clay or linoleum
cutters. When the majority of the class is too immature to handle simple
Art I, it is strictly bookwork with the possibility of home projects when
applicable. I have been in this situation all year. We are on the
seventh period track. 90% of the students, and I have researched, have
three or more referrals to the office at this time, not just from my class
either. It is really hard to get up and go to school knowing you face
that at the end of the day. I spent two weekends, four hours each,
contacting every parent twice on these students. I haven't even begun to
think clay at this point.

Jackie