Re:Who did this Picasso lesson?

---------

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 08:56:38 PST

I remember seeing this lesson. It inspired me too!

I used a Picasso Face lesson in sculpture class this
year. The kids made slab pots with Picasso/duality faces.
They could incise or build with layers of slabs. The pots
are just being finished and look great.

At the FAEA I went to a Picasso/Cubism workshop. We used
the sheets of aluminum and tooled the faces in (work from
both sides). We applied permanent marker to the surface.
We then rubbed steel wool over it. I experimented a
little further and applied gel pen to the back of the
sheet. This added color and emphasized the tooling. (I
have used this with my IB classes so far. I have Paragona
ArtEmboss light weigh Aluminum 84g and Pewter Medium
weight 113g.

Vivian

=====
Increase the Peace ~^~ {^}Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedy