Re: Portable CD players in the classroom

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 12:11:54 PST

--MS_Mac_OE_3057480714_346313_MIME_Part

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

From: "felsecker1" <felsecker@home.com>
Anyway, I was wondering what you all feel about portable CD's in the
classroom? ....
Barb F.

I let my advanced 8th graders bring in their own CD players and it usually
only amounts to 2-3 kids a class anyway. It's usually the ones with the
flapping lips so it's actually a "good thing". They don't socialize nearly
as much and put more energetic effort into their work. I've seen this time
after time work. Sometimes I wish I could give everyone in the class a
CD-player!! As long as I don't "see" it out/displayed on the table, I'm okay
with it.

The bottled water is okay too but MUST remain on the floor next to their
chair. No cans or food. Been there/done that/had a few messes to clean up.
I'm a strict witch but I don't see the harm in things that I would
personally enjoy having at hand too while I'm working.

Now...if you wanna talk "irritating", let's discuss timer buzzes from
wristwatches! Gurrrr.
Toodles......

--MS_Mac_OE_3057480714_346313_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Portable CD players in the classroom</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
<BR>
from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us)<BR>
Los Cerros Middle School<BR>
968 Blemer Road<BR>
Danville, CA 94526<BR>
http://ww2.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/faculty/faculty.html <BR>
************************<BR>
From: &quot;felsecker1&quot; &lt;felsecker@home.com&gt;<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Anyway, I was wondering =
what you all feel about portable CD's in the classroom? ....<BR>
Barb F.<BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>************************<BR>
I let my advanced 8th graders bring in their own CD players and it usually =
only amounts to 2-3 kids a class anyway. It's usually the ones with the flap=
ping lips so it's actually a &quot;good thing&quot;. They don't socialize ne=
arly as much and put more energetic effort into their work. I've seen this t=
ime after time work. Sometimes I wish I could give everyone in the class a C=
D-player!! As long as I don't &quot;see&quot; it out/displayed on the table,=
I'm okay with it. <BR>
<BR>
The bottled water is okay too but MUST remain on the floor next to their ch=
air. No cans or food. Been there/done that/had a few messes to clean up. I'm=
a strict witch but I don't see the harm in things that I would personally e=
njoy having at hand too while I'm working. <BR>
<BR>
Now...if you wanna talk &quot;irritating&quot;, let's discuss timer buzzes =
from wristwatches! Gurrrr.<BR>
Toodles......<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3057480714_346313_MIME_Part--