Re: I'm job searching!

---------

From: Dennis Freeman (freemad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 06:17:49 PST

on 11/18/00 2:26 PM, ChewyYoda1@aol.com at ChewyYoda1@aol.com wrote:

> I am new to this talk group/mailing list, and I just wanted to let you
> all know that I am seriously searching for a job teaching elementary, middle,
> or high school art.
> Lori Wegener
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: freemad@wyoming.com

Dear Lori,
You sound very committed to teaching - how does Wyoming sound? I expect to
have a position open this spring in a 3-person HS art dept. We have 4
teaching spaces, including a bronze foundry, a purpose-built pottery space,
2 additional studios and a just-installed G4 Mac lab running Adobe
Illustrator & Photoshop. We are flexible about the classes that a new
person would teach, and your computer experience could easily be taken
advantage of, since we will be doing without the services of a 37-year vet
who specialized in sculpture and painting/drawing.

We are in a new $27 m building with 1000 students in SW Wyoming. Wyo is
currently 41st in teacher salaries, but cost-of-living is fairly low. We
live at 6500 feet on the Western side of the Continental Divide. The
country is dry, desolate and windy, but astoundingly beautiful. The town of
Green River has about 12000 residents, and sits on the Green beween three
mountain ranges (the Uintas, the Wind Rivers and the Wyoming Range). We are
rich in wildlife and recreational opportunities, poor in "big city" cultural
resources. We are 3 hrs from Salt Lake City, 3 hrs from Teton/Yellowstone
Parks and 20 minutes from the largest shifting dune system in North America.

If I haven't scared you off, you can reply off-list. Anybody else out there
who is tempted by life in rural America? We are looking for a great teacher
& working artist.

Dennis Freeman
Green River, WY freemad@wyoming.com