CD players/drinks in classroom

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 06:12:08 PST

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C05208.CB283600

Our school put in drink machines in student lounge...but it's up to the =
teachers as to whether they allow it in their classrooms. It's a GREAT =
money maker. =20

As far as CD players, they are not allowed unless OK'd by teacher... and =
can only be used in that particular classroom. Other than that, they =
are not allowed anywhere else in the school. Cell phones and beepers =
are NOT allowed... no exceptions.
Carolyn Roberts

-------

> I agree that you can let the more advanced students have the privilege =
of
> CD's and drinks in the room, however, my school district does not =
allow
> either, it is in the handbooks and the Student Code of Conduct book. =
> have had students fall asleep in class only to find they had that tiny
> head phone attached to their ear listening to music instead of my =
lesson.
>=20
> Jackie
> Bryan High - Bryan Texas

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C05208.CB283600

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>Our school put in drink machines in student lounge...but it's up to =
the=20
teachers as to whether they allow it in their classrooms.&nbsp; It's a =
GREAT=20
money maker.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>As far as CD players, they are not allowed unless OK'd by =
teacher... and=20
can only be used in that particular classroom.&nbsp; Other than that, =
they are=20
not allowed anywhere else in the school.&nbsp;&nbsp; Cell phones and =
beepers are=20
NOT allowed... no exceptions.</DIV>
<DIV>Carolyn Roberts</DIV>
<DIV>
<HR>
</DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT size=3D3>&gt; I agree that you can let the =
more advanced=20
students have the privilege of<BR>&gt; CD's and drinks in the room, =
however, my=20
school district does not allow<BR>&gt; either, it is in the handbooks =
and the=20
Student Code of Conduct book.&nbsp; I<BR>&gt; have had students fall =
asleep in=20
class only to find they had that tiny<BR>&gt; head phone attached to =
their ear=20
listening to music instead of my lesson.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Jackie<BR>&gt; =
Bryan=20
High - Bryan Texas</FONT><BR></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C05208.CB283600--