RE: digital camera in the elementary classroom

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 19:02:34 PST

Ok seems I clicked the wrong button and Outlook was sorting my e-mail
backwards. So Now I found the first e-mail of the thread and am responding
after reading the replies. If the capacity of the floppies is the only
problem, I suggest getting 10 or more if you need them and numbering them.
Use them in order and upload regularly. BTW I've been having trouble with
the metal slide thing on the disk bending and getting caught in my camera or
floppy drive, so now I only use the kind with a plastic slide thing.

Digital camera's are great for self-portraits especially if you want funny
faces.

We are doing a fun activity for the next exhibit. I've taken all sorts of
photos regular shots, close up of different things, shots of just part of
something, any thing that entered my mind. I have also altered the photos
using Paint Shop Pro. Both the original and alter photos will be printed out
on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. The kids will then add a background or extend the
pictures anyway they want. This will be one of my warm up activities in the
art studio for the next exhibit. I always try to have 2 "easy" warm up
activities out of the 6 tables. Staff steer the "I can't" crowd that way.
Once they get into it, they approach the other more involved activities with
a more open mind.

While wouldn't be a great activity for a regular lesson, I thought you might
be able to use it as a warm up, or a sub plan. I've got to get off line
right now, but I'll upload some of my pictures to the club site so you can
get an idea what I'm talking about.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator