Portable CD players in the classroom

---------

From: felsecker1 (felsecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 18:55:44 PST

------=_NextPart_000_01A1_01C051A1.EB36DE40

Hello All:
As I scan the list with the names of those of you who are going to =
attend the New York convention, I'm wishing I could go so I could meet =
all of you whose names have become so familiar to me from reading the =
many, many posts I've learned from and appreciated since joining this =
wonderful list! (maybe some day-I hope!) I'd really love to meet you =
guys in person!
Anyway, I was wondering what you all feel about portable CD's in the =
classroom? I need some very excellent reasons why it would be =
beneficial to the students (I teach 9-12) to be able to listen, =
privately and quietly, to their own choice of music, while working =
steadily and quietly on their current projects. Of course, this type of =
activity would occur after all directions, discussions, etc... I can =
see, especially in those classes that are attended by the younger and =
less mature students (a great majority of freshmen) where this might =
help to keep the talking and socializing down to a minimum. In =
addition, the quality of work might increase and some of those who have =
a real problem staying on task with all the "social" distractions, may =
actually benefit from this-maybe??? I have a couple of Beg. Art classes =
in which I have so many freshmen whose main problem is staying on task =
and focusing on their work. ANY COMMENTS?
Thanks for your input.
Barb F.

------=_NextPart_000_01A1_01C051A1.EB36DE40

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hello All:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As I&nbsp;scan the list with the =
names of=20
those of you who are going to attend the New York convention, I'm =
wishing I=20
could go so I could meet all of you whose names have become so familiar =
to me=20
from reading&nbsp;the many, many posts I've&nbsp;learned from and=20
appreciated&nbsp;since joining this wonderful list!&nbsp;(maybe some =
day-I=20
hope!)&nbsp; I'd really love to meet you guys in person!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Anyway, I was wondering what you =
all feel=20
about&nbsp;portable CD's in the classroom? &nbsp;I need some very =
excellent=20
reasons why it would be beneficial to the students (I teach 9-12) to be =
able to=20
listen, privately and quietly, to their own choice of music, while =
working=20
steadily and quietly on their current projects. Of course, this type=20
of&nbsp;activity would occur after&nbsp;all directions, discussions, =
etc... I=20
can see, especially in those classes that are attended by the younger =
and less=20
mature students (a great majority of freshmen) where this might help to =
keep the=20
talking and socializing down to a minimum.&nbsp; In addition, the =
quality of=20
work might increase and some of those who have a real problem staying on =
task=20
with all the "social" distractions, may actually benefit from =
this-maybe???=20
&nbsp;I have a couple of Beg. Art classes in which I have so many =
freshmen whose=20
main problem is staying on task and focusing on their work.&nbsp;&nbsp; =
ANY=20
COMMENTS?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks for your input.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Barb F.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01A1_01C051A1.EB36DE40--