Re: Stunned

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 11:57:15 PST

--MS_Mac_OE_3057404236_18729890_MIME_Part

I am so glad that these young people will have a strong support system
around them as they grow up. Our lives are so fragile and can turn on
a moments notice. I used to volunteer with an organization who worked
with women whose husbands were violent. My wish is that no one on
this earth will ever have to go through that again.

In my community there are areas with houses with pools and 3 car
garages and areas with public housing. We have had our share of
violent tragedy in all the economic areas and some families have a
support system and some don't. One of our first grade students was
under his bed hiding from the parents fighting. They were both
mortally wounded when the police came. No one knew the boy was there
and there was no family to be concerned. The school thought the boy
was with social services and it was 3 days before someone went looking
for him...Still terrified under his bed.

It is unbelievable what humans will do to each other.
It is also unbelievable that we do not have safeguards in place for
women to protect themselves.
Charlotte, I applaud you for taking the extreme step you needed to
take to protect yourself and your daughter.

Sharon from NJ
--To respond to me directly click on mailto:heneborn@erols.com