bid lists for next year/how bid works

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 11:29:32 PST

The way the bid list is supposed to work is that about this time of
year you mark the order form for the items you want to order. This is
sent off to the bid company where it is compiled into a computer print
out list of the items you marked. Then in the early spring that print
out is returned to the school for confirmation. Any changes in amount
is made at that time. Nothing may be added to the order but you can
reduce or increase according to current needs.

When I fill out the original order I mark anything I think I may want
to reserve for the later choice. When I get the spring print out I
adjust amounts until it meets my budget amount. Materials prices are
usually cheaper on the bid list and then there is a 15% discount on
top of that. Sax usually is awarded the art Materials bid in our
area. The general supplies company varies from year to year.

Check with your Business Office and see if there is a chance to adjust
your order in the spring. Some schools skip this step of sending the
print out sheets back to the teachers for revisions but you may be
able to present a good case for needing this special consideration.
You can take advantage of the best prices and there will be much less
waste if you can make adjustments in you order based on what you have
already used.

My bid book was due in last week. I can usually be accurate about the
general supplies but some years I can't get to certain projects and I
have already ordered the replacement materials. One year I had tissue
paper coming out my ears! I didn't get to my project and the 4th
grade teachers decided to eliminate the project that they had asked me
to order for them. I could have used that money for other things. Oh
well! With the bid prices I get so much more supplies I don't fret
over the inefficiency of trying to predict what I will be using.

>From: PrimaryE@aol.com
>Subject: re: bid lists for next year
>Date: Sat, Nov 18, 2000, 10:55 AM
<snip>