RE: just curious...# of lessons

---------

From: Terilynn Sanford (terimason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 10:04:30 PST

I teach K-5, seeing them only 1x per week for 50
minutes. With the kinders, we may get a lesson done
in one period, occasionally two, so they get about 30
total projects during the year. (I see them all approx
36 times, give or take the occasional holiday or field
trip). With 1-3, we often take 3 sessions to finish a
lesson, so 2 every grading period of 6 weeks. The
older (4-5) kids often get only 1 project done each 6
weeks, because we go more in-depth and they just take
more time on each project. So I guess an answer to
your question would be that it all depends on the age
of the students.
teri
<<I am just curious as to how many lessons (average)
you complete throughout
the year with elementary school kids. Or how many
per month, or some
refernece number. Probably more individual
"projects" with the younger
ones, and less - due to more in depth concepts-
with the older ones. But
any numbers you could offer would be great.>>