Re: archives...KILN

---------

From: Michelle Lowe (mishlowe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 05:07:51 PST

At 04:53 AM 11/16/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Sandy,
> I'd love the instructions! Thanks, teri
>
>--- Sandy Bacon <sbacon@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>> If you look in the book, Art From Many Hands, it
>> shows a kiln built out of
>> bricks and filled with layers of sawdust (outdoors,
>> Pueblo style) by a class
>> of third grade students.

There is a wonderful extensive article online at the "Ceramicsweb", all
about firing primitively, in a trash can, in a pit, in a brick/sawdust
kiln, and some others-

http://art.sdsu.edu/ceramicsweb/articles/primitive.html
Michelle Lowe, potter in the Phoenix desert |/ |
mishlowe@amug.org -O- | |
mishy@desertdragonpottery.com /| | | |
|_|_|
http://www.desertdragonpottery.com ____ |