RE: painting with icing

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 16:27:21 PST

I use royal icing made with egg whites (raw if not eating, dried if eating),
or meringue powder - I get both at a bake shop (cake decorating) but Walmart
and Michael's may both carry. Directions are on the container -
confectioner's sugar, egg whites, little bit of cold water - I also use
paste colors - also at Walmart or Michaels.... I use a thicker icing for
outlining, and thin with a few drops of water to fill in - if you are doing
layers of colors - give the thin layer of icing a day to set -

My decorative days are over - ever since the 17 color turkeys (before Martha
did them) went in less than 20 minutes....
Ellen