Re: black crayon or media that will melt?

---------

From: Michelle Lowe (mishlowe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 10:15:08 PST

At 10:09 AM 11/14/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>How about painting a design on one side of the fold, folding it over, and
>pressing to make a "print" on the other side of the fold.
>
>You can also draw a design with baby oil on a cotton swab on one side of the
>fold, but you can only use a thinner paper like copier paper.
>
>I would think that Crayola crayons would melt and work just as you thought
>they would. Hmmm.

When they really laid them on heavily and thickly, they worked well enough
for them to go back and color it in by hand. But it was pretty faint to
just leave it as it was, even after we saw the first results and some kids
got the point about needing the crayon to be very thickly applied. I will
have to give the pastels a try.

Thanks!

Mishy
Michelle Lowe, potter in the Phoenix desert |/ |
mishlowe@amug.org -O- | |
mishy@desertdragonpottery.com /| | | |
|_|_|
http://www.desertdragonpottery.com ____ |