Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: pastel in glue or tempra?

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 09:55:59 PST

On 11/14/00 12:00 AM, brenda robson at wrote:

> Anyone ever dip pastel chalks into glue or white tempra? Is this a big
> mess or is it successful?
> Brenda

Successful in white paint. Haven't tried glue.

MaryAnn F. Kohl

From owner-artsednet Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:09:06 -0800
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:09:06 -0800
Subject: Re: black crayon or media that will melt?
From: MaryAnn Kohl <>
To: LOOP LOOP ArtsEdNet <>

How about painting a design on one side of the fold, folding it over, and
pressing to make a "print" on the other side of the fold.

You can also draw a design with baby oil on a cotton swab on one side of the
fold, but you can only use a thinner paper like copier paper.

I would think that Crayola crayons would melt and work just as you thought
they would. Hmmm.

MaryAnn F. Kohl