black crayon or media that will melt?

---------

From: Michelle Lowe (mishlowe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 07:07:09 PST

Hi,
We are doing a project on symmetry and I found a nice lesson where the kids
fold their paper in half and draw half the design, then we iron the folded
paper to create the symmetrical full-page. Unfortunately, the crayons the
kids have do not seem to melt well, and the result was less than
spectacular, although it certainly looks to have good possibilities. Is
there another medium that would melt better? Has anyone had luck with
black pastels or cheapo crayons, with this sort of thing?

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Mishy, K-3 art at Challenge Charter School in Glendale Arizona

Michelle Lowe, potter in the Phoenix desert |/ |
mishlowe@amug.org -O- | |
mishy@desertdragonpottery.com /| | | |
|_|_|
http://www.desertdragonpottery.com ____ |