Elementary Rulers

---------

From: menichino (menichino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 19:43:19 PST

Hi -- this year our 4th graders did a grid enlargement project -- they were
to draw their own grids. Seems like even though I work with rulers every
year from 1st grade up, the 4th graders still have a very difficult time
understanding the concept and identification of 1/2 inches and 1/4 inches on
the ruler. Does anyone have any "tricks" or ideas for an effective way to
teach ruler use to elementary kids?
Thanks for your help!
Liz in rural NY