Re: paper mache

---------

From: menichino (menichino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 19:50:48 PST

Hi Nora --
I used to add oil of wintergreen to my wheat paste -- got it at a local drug
store. Just one drop sweetens the smell. Too much may not be good -- it's
very strong. Perhaps some kids may be allergic to it? (may want to check
with the school nurse). I didn't have a mouse problem so I don't know if
they'd still go for the flour. After dealing with the smell and the other
objectionable characteristics of wheat paste for years, this list turned me
on to Ross Art Paste. I am a total convert. The kids, surprisingly didn't
complain about the slimy texture either. And it kept from March till I
dumped it in June.
Liz in rural NY