Re: paper mache

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 19:53:58 PST

you can add oil of cinnamon- 1/4 teaspoon per 2 cups paper mache or clove oil.
I've read that this acts as a preservative and have used it to prevent mold
while a project is drying. A key thing is to get the stuff dry fast with warm
air and air circulation. I've also heard of adding antiseptic like Bactine or
Listerine, but I haven't tried this.

Don't know about the rodents- but I'd suggest sticky traps..

nredfern@worldnet.att.net writes:
>Instead of waiting for paper mache paste order to come in, I splurged
>($1.50) on two sacks of flour so my students could go ahead with
>projects. Last time I used flour it started stinking and we had mouse
>problems. Anyone know of something I could add to limit the smell and
>keep away the mice?
>Thanks!
>Nora

Susan Holland