Re: Faculty Portraits

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 17:11:56 PST

hi
The students used a digital photo of a staff member that they selected from a
choice of about 50 . I have doubles on the principal and v.p.
We are charging a bagain price of $5. The student gets 60%, the art dept. 40%.
Out of the art dept. money I will buy a treat for the entire class, so the
kids that do not sell a portrait share in the fun.
The students used a viewfinder to get the good composition of the face . that
4x6 in picture was gridded every 1/2 in. The large 12x18 in drawing paper was
grided every 1 1/2 in.
I taught the students a number of colored pencil techniques that they
incorporated into the drawings.
On the foamcore- we get ours donated from a gallery that gives us their
scraps. If you have any in your area(framing galleries) give them a call.
Maybe they can help you out?
maryb