Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: Art elements lesson

From: Kelly Mccully (kelldave_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 13:30:29 PST

Check out and as resources. Excellent info
and downloadable images.
I teach rhythm, line, shape, and pattern with Futurism/gesture drawing
short unit. In fact it was my intro unit to teaching middle school.
Duchamp, Giacomo (sp), Boccioni (examples of sculpture, painting, and
drawing) Kids get a chance to compare and talk about artworks. Discuss
terms. (I use a PowerPoint presentation for images and impact). Then apply
knowledge of how artists beginning constructing compositions and ideas with
quick gesture drawings. They enjoy drawing each other doing repeated
Good luck!!