RE: Art elements lesson

---------

From: Kelly Mccully (kelldave_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 13:30:29 PST

Check out www.artlex.com and www.artchive.com as resources. Excellent info
and downloadable images.
I teach rhythm, line, shape, and pattern with Futurism/gesture drawing
short unit. In fact it was my intro unit to teaching middle school.
Duchamp, Giacomo (sp), Boccioni (examples of sculpture, painting, and
drawing) Kids get a chance to compare and talk about artworks. Discuss
terms. (I use a PowerPoint presentation for images and impact). Then apply
knowledge of how artists beginning constructing compositions and ideas with
quick gesture drawings. They enjoy drawing each other doing repeated
actions.
Good luck!!

I'm