RE: printing out sideways.....

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 05:01:24 PST

I believe that the terms portrait and landscape are terms traditionally used
by printers (the people not the machines). They use these terms so that they
can be clear about format for nonstandard sized layouts. I've actually heard
people complain - "why don't they use simple language like vertical and
horizontal.

Two other suggestions to avoid wasting paper
1. Check what is going to look like by using the print preview feature on
Netscape and current versions of IE (you need IE 5.0 or 5.5 to have this
feature I can't remember which one introduced it in IE)
2. You can also highlight the text and copy to a word processing program. I
do this for lesson plans I find on the web so I can put them the format we
use.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator