RE: email free up

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 11:09:35 PST

Please look at #3 or the end of every e-mail you receive from ArtsEdNet for
information on ending your subscription. Thank you.
ArtsEdNet Listserv Unofficial FAQ

This FAQ has been put together to answer those housekeeping questions that
come up so frequently. This is not an attempt to monitor the list, but to
make communication easier.

1. What is the digest? The list comes in 3 forms Individual messages sent as
they are received, Digest messages from a 24 hour period compiled and sent
out once a day, Index the subject lines of messages from a 24 hour period
compiled and sent out once a day.

2. Why can't we post pictures to an art teachers' list? The digest form of
the list cannot process attachments. They can also cause problems for people
in rural areas with slow connections. Deb Sterner solved this problem by
establishing a photo page for us at
http://members2.clubphoto.com/art216973/. The login is
artednetter@hotmail.com and the password is gettylist

3. How do I unsubscribe, change to no-mail, switch to digest, switch to
individual messages? Go to
http://www.getty.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=artsednet&text_mode=0 login with
your e-mail and click on settings. You can change your subscription here.

4. Why aren't my messages going through? Go to
http://www.getty.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=artsednet&text_mode=0 login and
click settings. See your messages must be set to yes, or you will not
receive a copy.

5. Where are the archives? Good question January 1998 - May 2000 are at
http://www.artsednet.getty.edu/ArtsEdNet/hm/index.html For November 1999 -
Today got to
http://www.getty.edu/cgibin/lyris.pl?enter=artsednet&text_mode=0 login with
your e-mail and click on read messages. (This information is correct as of
3:03 pm October 4, 2000)

6. What is the art educators alternative or back up list? In the event that
the ArtsEdNet from the Getty goes down for some reason, several members
established a back up list at http://www.egroups.com/group/ArtsEducators .

7. Can we post lesson plans? To the list sure, but not as attachments
please. The digest version of the list cannot process them (see #2). Just
cut and paste them into the main body of your e-mail. Also the
http://www.egroups.com/group/ArtsEducators site has a file area where
members can upload files including lesson plans.

8. Can I use HTML e-mail? Text formatting works best. HTML formatting can
cause problems on the digest and funky colors and backgrounds can make it
difficult to read your message. Because every computer can interpret HTML
differently (especially when in comes to colors) your e-mail might be
completely unreadable on another system. Please use plain text formatting.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator