Re: 3D Ideas for 5th Graders???

---------

From: Litesal (litesal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 15:59:46 PST

> Dear Leah,
> I like your football helmet idea. Do the girls enjoy doing this too?
> Thanks,
> Cindy

Thank you. Yes, the girls enjoy it too. The logos do not have to be
"tough" and "masculine" we discuss the possibility of a women's league
(which was something that was considered this year). I ask questions about
whether women's helmets would look different, why, or why not? Should they
look different? We also look at the helmet as a sculpture, not just a
helmet, so we really get some different ideas, like the "Atlanta Artists"
and the "Florida Flower Powers," and such. Sometimes they name towns after
themselves and make up a team for that.

Leah