Re: 3D Ideas for 5th Graders???

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 11:22:19 PST

Hi Cindy,

I do a favorite relief sculpture project with my 5th graders which
is based on the large relief sculptures of Frank Stella. We paint lots of
brushstroke patterns on scraps of colored and white posterboard. When dry,
we cut them out,then bend, score, slot and join (Elmer's glue) together in
multiple layers on a piece of cardboard. The students make up exotic titles
for them. The sculptures are a regular hit when they are on display.

Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus