Re: Diego Rivera

---------

KSchiavo00_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 10:46:06 PST

In a message dated 11/11/2000 8:50:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Ajax50@aol.com writes:

> http://members.aol.com/fkahlofan/rivera.htm

Ewwww! Some really "icky" stuff there! Its not what I want to teach
-I don't even know if I want to BELIEVE that! ICK! I can't imagine why
anyone would want to think up stuff like that -then again they were two
BAZARRE people, Kahlo & Rivera.
Back to the task at hand -unless you gave the students "specific"
sites to reference or specified the "TYPE" of information they must have in
the report, you must give him the proper credit for "research". It sounds
like he "sited" the source properly or you wouldn't have been able to varify
his information. My suggestion is to grade the reports on the basis of your
REQUIREMENTS specified. My requirements for reports are written out for the
students and are very specific -1 page typed, 4 paragraphs, 1st par.
introduces the subject and must be 4 sentences long etc.... This way there
is absolutely NO confusion on what should be in the report. For the body of
the paper, I require 2 paragraphs with 5 to 7 facts in each. I do NOT tell
them which facts -that is up to them. I could see my kids having a field day
with the information from this site. This stuff is right up their alley.
Anyway, I would have to give them credit but would probably jot a note (or
more) cautioning the validity of some sources. Good Luck.
Kathy in Kalamazoo