Re: Archictecture

---------

From: Neil Erickson (Jorgen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 07:02:03 PST

Dear Gabrielle,
My husband is an architect. On several occasions he has had the pleasure of
having a local student shadow him for a day. This gives the student the
opportunity to see what an architect really does (rather than the
romanticized view that most of us have from the movies). Also gives the
student an opportunity to ask questions about college required, licensing,
different types of architecture (commercial vs. residential), what things
he/she should be taking in school etc. I would encourage you to call a
local firm and ask if anyone there would be willing to do the above, then
work with the parents to make it happen.

Let me know if I can help further. My husband is away for the day (helping
to build a wheel-chair ramp for a newly dx MS patient). I can ask him more
questions about books etc. when he returns.

Cindy Erickson