Re: oil paint in high school

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 05:01:42 PST

> Although ordorless, doesn't Turpenoid still emit harmful
> airborne chemicals?
> At least, that's what I have heard. You still need plenty of air
> ventilation even though Turpenoid is ordorless.
> BF

Quite honestly, I've not heard that negative report about Turpenoid,
something I'll toss around with my artist online community friends and see
what resources come up about it. As I said before, acrylic is perhaps
safest all the way around unless a room is relatively set up with decent
ventilation. Again...mixing the medium I suggested, you can have fun with
some oil like drag and impasto techniques using acrylics.

Larry S.