RE: Student concern

---------

From: Julie Brady (7.jbrady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 04:51:08 PST

------_=_NextPart_001_01C04B14.E579D590

Do you have clay stored in your room? In my last school, I had very old
clay stored in a closet attached to my room. It was way up high on top of a
cabinet very close to a vent that went into my classroom. Little did I know
that the clay was full of mold. I was a mess everyday, my kids were
constantly asking me why I was crying (watery, red eyes and runny nose).
The clay had been left there by a former teacher (I didn't even know it was
up there) and I was miserable every day until a wonderful custodian finally
discovered the problem.

Julie

"I have a student in my room who doesn't have any problems in any class
but
mine. The problem, his nose runs and eyes water. We have only been
working with tempera, pencil, and gel medium in class. Nothing else. I
do use dry erase board cleaner. Has anyone experienced anything like
this."

Jackie

------_=_NextPart_001_01C04B14.E579D590

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2652.35">
<TITLE>RE: Student concern</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Do you have clay stored in your room?&nbsp; In my =
last school, I had very old clay stored in a closet attached to my =
room.&nbsp; It was way up high on top of a cabinet very close to a vent =
that went into my classroom.&nbsp; Little did I know that the clay was =
full of mold.&nbsp; I was a mess everyday, my kids were constantly =
asking me why I was crying (watery, red eyes and runny nose).&nbsp; The =
clay had been left there by a former teacher (I didn't even know it was =
up there) and I was miserable every day until a wonderful custodian =
finally discovered the problem.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Julie</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&quot;I have a student in my room who doesn't have =
any problems in any class</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>but</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>mine.&nbsp; The problem,&nbsp; his nose runs and =
eyes water.&nbsp; We have only been</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>working with tempera, pencil, and gel medium in =
class.&nbsp; Nothing else.&nbsp; I</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>do use dry erase board cleaner.&nbsp; Has anyone =
experienced anything like</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>this.&quot;</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Jackie</FONT>