RE: aesthetic question

---------

From: Julie Brady (7.jbrady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 04:46:13 PST

------_=_NextPart_001_01C04B14.355D7400

Great point! I find that when I actually do a project along with the kids,
they are a lot more motivated and excited. My middle school students are
doing a still life painting and I am painting right along with them - they
love it and I get a little extra practice (we all know how little time we
get for our own work)! One word of caution: stay one step behind them,
especially on projects that require completely original ideas. They will
tend to want to copy you.

"When I start a unit I can show slides of past student work to try and
get
them interested. Then take them on the journey through the steps to get
to a
great finished product. Do it with them and let them know that you
think it
is worth your time as well."

Ken Schwab
San Jose CA

------_=_NextPart_001_01C04B14.355D7400

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2652.35">
<TITLE>RE: aesthetic question</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Great point!&nbsp; I find that when I actually do a =
project along with the kids, they are a lot more motivated and =
excited.&nbsp; My middle school students are doing a still life =
painting and I am painting right along with them - they love it and I =
get a little extra practice (we all know how little time we get for our =
own work)!&nbsp; One word of caution:&nbsp; stay one step behind them, =
especially on projects that require completely original ideas.&nbsp; =
They will tend to want to copy you.</FONT></P>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&quot;When I start a unit I can show slides of past =
student work to try and</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>get </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>them interested.&nbsp; Then take them on the journey =
through the steps to get</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>to a </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>great finished product.&nbsp; Do it with them and =
let them know that you</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>think it </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>is worth your time as well.&quot;</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Ken Schwab</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>San Jose CA</FONT>