RE: aesthetic question

---------

From: Julie Brady (7.jbrady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 04:41:18 PST

------_=_NextPart_001_01C04B13.85814FC0

I would use the pre-made designs as a point of discussion. Talk with the
kids about what makes them "good" designs (balance, variation, etc.)
Encourage them to use ideas from the designs, and even combine parts of a
few designs together, but don't let them copy exactly. This will still give
you the "safety net" and relieve some of the kids that are uncomfortable
coming up with completely original designs. It will also ease them into
creating their own work.

"My question is: Should I have them use pre-made
stained glass designs and trace them onto the paper, or would the lesson
lack any value unless I drag the kids through a process of making their
own design."

------_=_NextPart_001_01C04B13.85814FC0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2652.35">
<TITLE>RE: aesthetic question</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;I would use the pre-made designs as a point of =
discussion.&nbsp; Talk with the kids about what makes them =
&quot;good&quot; designs (balance, variation, etc.)&nbsp; Encourage =
them to use ideas from the designs, and even combine parts of a few =
designs together, but don't let them copy exactly.&nbsp; This will =
still give you the &quot;safety net&quot; and relieve some of the kids =
that are uncomfortable coming up with completely original =
designs.&nbsp; It will also ease them into creating their own =
work.</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&quot;My question is: Should I have them use =
pre-made</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>stained glass designs and trace them onto the paper, =
or would the lesson</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>lack any value unless I drag the kids through a =
process of making their</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>own design.&quot;</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C04B13.85814FC0--