RE: Student concern

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 19:13:46 PST

Can you have your vents checked? It might not be the media or materials in
the art room, but a problem in the building that is affecting your room. A
couple of years ago my neighbor demanded and got an air quality study of the
local elementary. The music room had no circulation (the vents were not
hooked up) and the man from the government agency that did the study ordered
the music teacher to keep the windows open. They also found that the fresh
air intake for the whole building was not were the blueprints said it should
be it was next to the sewer stack! No wonder the kids were sick. (BTW a few
weeks after the study the music teacher was fined for keeping her windows
open but the bureaucrat in charge of energy efficiency from the
administration building.)

Kimberly (kimberly@wcc.net)