Re: Art with special needs

---------

From: D. Sterner (dsterner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 12:51:33 PST

I teach art in a special education school. We are a 6:1:1 special day care
facility serving the area districts. Our students are referred to us by
committee for special education (CSE) ...and the intake process begins for
placement in an appropriate classroom. The students range in age from 5 to
21. All students are with us as they have learning disorders and/or
behavioral problems.

I can tell you about my experiences in the art room as well as the TCI
(theraputic crisis intervention) training I attend every year.

-=deb=-