Mobile Musueums/Mobile Art Labs

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 09:44:33 PST

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C04A42.6DD44A20

A little while a go we were all talking about educational opportunities in
museums. Someone brought up mobile museums and asked why they were not
available from art museums. I explained there were security and
environmental control issues, but also that my boss was interested in doing
something along those lines. The children's museum listserv has started a
discussion about mobile museums (though they are talking about
science/social studies labs) The link below was given for a manufacture of
mobile museums. I can not vouch for their work. But thought I would pass it
along for those interested in mobile museum. Also the suggestion was made
here in San Angelo that a group of mobile art labs for elementary schools
could be a temporary solution to traveling art teacher problem on the
elementary level. The idea was there would be 5 labs and they would be
either driven by the teacher or someone from transport to different campuses
each day. So the classroom would move with the teacher. But this
conversation happened before they found out they had misplaced $7,000,000.
Now they are talking about closing schools (they are suppose to be building
a new elementary school to easy over crowding), and reducing programs. 5-7
years ago a local education foundation paid for a science lab that travels
to different schools, it holds 1 class at a time doing science experiments.

http://www.mediamobiles.com/

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C04A42.6DD44A20

[DEFAULT]
BASEURL=http://www.mediamobiles.com/